Bee Camp for Kids is a unique, hands-on, and educational experience, designed for kids ages 7 – 12. Throughout the week, junior beekeepers will have numerous opportunities to suit up in the safety of our provided bee suits and learn about the amazing life of the honey bee from Beekeeper Roda.
- West Michigan pollinators and the native plants that sustain them
- Life of the honey bee colony
- Jobs of the worker bees
- How bees communicate
- The relationship between bees & flowers
- Healthy soil & plants
- Keeping our bees and local pollinators safe
- What families can do at home to help save our local pollinators
Bee Camp for Kids 2020 – Summer Sessions
We believe that small group instruction is most beneficial for learning. Therefore, weekly sessions are capped at 8 individuals. Children aged 7-12 are welcome, unless other arrangements have been made with the beekeeper. Choose a date to attend week long sessions.
All sessions: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Session Cost Includes:
- A “Bee Camp for Kids” t-shirt
- Drawstring sports bag to hold camp materials
- Camp journal
- Pollinator friendly seeds and seedlings to plant at home
- Photo Opportunities: Individual photos will be emailed to families, throughout the week.
- A week of hands-on fun and outdoor learning!
Note: A completed liability waiver will be required for each participant. This waiver will be e-mailed to you, as well as additional information to prepare your child for this exciting experience, coming Spring 2020.